…you can arrange almost any combination. Tonight though, I have several savory ingredients in mind. I make grilled paninis consistently & love a good sandwich, but I wanted to change it up with a lighter, whole wheat wrap featuring mesquite-roasted turkey breast. We’re gonna throw in some fresh baby spinach to get our green going, but don’t worry, there will be no skimping on goodness! So, we’ll heat ours up with delicious brie, mozzarella & raspberry chipotle sauce. All flavors I love, and together are simple & satisfying. So, tonight we have Raspberry Chipotle Turkey Wraps with Brie & Roasted Garlic.
I like this combo because we’re taking a classic wrap-style sandwich, and making a warm and melty dinner entree. Flavors boosted with the kick of raspberry-chipotle sauce & the smooth, roasted garlic cloves. Who says wraps have to be cold and boring?!
All we’re going to need is our oven briefly to roast some fresh garlic, and a skillet to heat our wrap. We have now achieved a weeknight winner & here’s how…
- ½ lb fresh, mesquite deli turkey breast (thinly sliced)
- ~3 T Raspberry Chipotle sauce/marinade (in dressing isle at store)
- ~2 oz brie cheese wheel, sliced, rind removed
- ~2 T fresh mozzarella cheese
- ~1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, torn
- Package small whole wheat tortillas, or wraps
- 1 bulb of garlic for roasting (will use abut 3-4 roasted cloves)
- EVOO for drizzling over garlic bulb for roasting
- Black pepper to taste
- Take bulb of fresh garlic and slice tops off without peeling (about ¼ way down); no need to peel.
- Drizzle with EVOO and little sea salt.
- Put prepared bulb into small baking dish lined with foil.
- Roast garlic in oven on 450 degrees for about 20 minutes, till done/tender.
- Prep other ingredients by removing rind from brie and slice, slice some of fresh mozzarella, & trim spinach leaves.
- In large skillet on stove, heat wheat tortilla/wrap on very low.
- To tortilla add about 1 T of chipotle sauce spreading into center evenly with spoon.
- On top of chipotle sauce, add some of the thinly sliced turkey breast, and cheeses.
- Drizzle with little more chipotle.
- Cover skillet with lid to help melt cheeses and heart turkey, on low-medium.
- To wrap contents add some (~3) of the roasted garlic cloves, peeled (should be almost mush & sweet).
- Once melted, remove from pan and add fresh baby spinach down center, to taste.
- Wrap-by lifting bottom flap up slightly, and bringing in sides to completely cover from left to right.
Why that’s just downright easy. The only hard part is stopping at one serving.
Tangy-sweet & slightly spiced raspberry chipotle sauce pairs perfectly aside the creamy brie cheese, add mesquite turkey breast and our whole wheat wrap rocks! Not to mention the mild garlic sweetness when the cloves are roasted; just the perfect compliment to our goodness.
This would indeed make for one righteous panini, but if you want to try something different & lighter, a wrap is a positively perfect weeknight meal. This would kick a grilled cheese in the rear, so here’s to happy wrapping one night soon!