Get Me To The Greek, Chicken Rosemary Wraps
I was on a walk this weekend and passed by a ginormous rosemary bush. I stopped to smell the fresh herb, nearly missing a rogue bee to-the-face, but I managed to get a sprig & carried along… Remembering I had the fresh smelling bunch, what could be a better ingredient to use in tonight’s meal!
Love tzatziki sauce? I do. Love easy & quick weeknight meals? Well, duh! It can’t be much easier than my healthy take on Greek Chicken Wraps. I’m making mine with our fresh rosemary pick & baking some chicken fillets with other herbs & balsamic. In light herb flatbread, I wrap the chicken with fresh spinach, red onion, brown rice & ample amounts of the yogurt-based, tzatziki sauce. Incredibly flavorful, but also healthy (insert small pat on the back here). The tzatziki itself is a strained Greek yogurt-based dip, which is made with fresh chopped cucumber, dill, garlic & lemon. It adds a cool, fresh, creamy aspect to our chicken. We’re even going to bust-out the good garlic-infused EVOO and CA aged balsamic from We Olive…makes a mean marinade.
Time to cook…
Healthy Greek Chicken Tzatziki Wraps
Healthy, flavorful Greek Chicken Tzatziki Wraps with rosemary, fresh spinach & brown rice! A very easy weeknight meal!
What to get...
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 small red onion, (diced)
- 1 container Tzatziki sauce (fresh, from store)
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Flatbread wraps (I used a light Italian version)
For the Marinade:
- ~3 T EVOO (garlic infused if you have it!)
- ~ 3 T Balsamic
- 1/2 lemon (for juicing)
- 2 tsps fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (or dried)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
What to do...
- Combine oil, balsamic, lemon juice & all spices in a bowl & marinate chicken breasts for 20 min up to 1 hour
- In a baking pan with raised edges, bake chicken breasts covering with all remaining marinade.
- Bake chicken at 350 for about 25 minutes, or until done.
- While chicken bakes, cook a cup of brown rice to package directions then stiring with about 2 T of the tzatziki sauce, set aside
- Chop spinach and onion, set aside
- Chop cooked chicken
- To flatbread add desired amounts of rice mix, chicken, spinach onion & additional tzatziki sauce
- Wrap-up burrito-style & serve warm
from the kitchen of www.dinnervine.com
Easy & done. Try them one night this week!